Monday 16 June 2014

Date Milk as a morning/afternoon treat

A few years ago I started eating dates. I would eat them as snacks or a treat with my tea at night, or make raw chocolate balls with them.
I like Medjool dates because they are very sweet.
Lately however I have been using them to make Date Milk.
Date milk is very creamy and it has a caramel taste to it.
I love a foamy drink!
I usually make this drink in the morning as a replacement for coffee, or in the afternoon.
Dates are high in calories so you should not eat too many, however they are a fat free food.
They have B-6 Vitamin, they help the red blood cells in your body, the nervous system and digestive system.
I love the energy this drink offers.

 
How to make Date Milk :
 
1) You will need a blender.
2) Take out the seed in 5-15 dates (I usually use 6)
3) Add your dates to the blender.
4) Add some vanilla soy or almond milk.
5) Add some water and ice cubes.
6) Blend till smooth in blender.
7) Strain if you want extra smooth milk :)
 

 
If you try it out, let me know what you think? Also if you have made date milk before how do you make it?


- Have a wonderful day!

- Vanillamilla http://vanillamilla.com/
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment